Friday, June 11, 2010

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural – Medium Light

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Deep Dark
I really should listen to my instincts next time I walk into MAC Cosmetics. I wanted to get the MSF in Light but was persuaded that Medium Light would be right for me. Under the yellow lighting in the store, it was.
Outside, its a teeny tiny shade dark for me. Its not so that its noticable, but it doesn’t “brighten” my complexion. Nothing a dusting of Meteorites cannot fix. Is there anything it can’t I wonder ;)
So with that opening gambit, you might think I hate the Mineralize Skin Finish powder. Au contraire! I like it.
I use it as a setting powder for liquid foundation and I even use it on its own sometimes on lazy days when I feel my skin is up to it. I am a fan of sheer foundation so I’m happy with it going on sheer.
If I want more coverage, I use a denser brush. If I use it as a setting powder for liquid foundation, I use a fluffy brush. It does brush a little “dusty” which gives me the impression that this powder is a little loose and might shatter quite easily were I to drop it. So I don’t travel with this one :P
Used as a setting powder, it does make my makeup look pretty good. My skin looks matte and finished pretty much all day long. As the shade is a touch dark, I still need my Meteorites to brighten my complexion but it otherwise gives a lovely natural look without looking cakey or overdone.
Pros: Light coverage, Looks natural, Can last a long time
Cons: Seems a little fragile
I might not be MAC Cosmetics’ biggest fan, but I do like their Mineralize Skin Finish Natural :) There! Surprised? ;)
Have you tried this one and if you have, do you like it?  I know Connie does – she was the one who sent me in the direction of this one ;)
Paris B
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural retails at RM115 at all MAC Cosmetics counters and stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment